A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J.Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas

Summary :

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it... or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Sarah J.Maas is one of my favorite authors , so I wasn't surprised of how much i loved this book,  and yes I'm a big fan of YA  novels , don't judge me!

This book was a "Beauty & the Beast " retelling  , i don't usually enjoy fairytales retellings , i didn't like "Cruel Beauty " but i loved this one . The author took us to the beautiful world of faeries,  the world building was very detailed,  impeccable and magical.  I want to live there so badly!

The first half of the book focused more on the romance that was bordering on new adult,  it had a lot of humour.  I felt like it was very slow in the beginning  and it took me a while to get into it but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.

The second half however was where the magic happened , it's action filled , always leaving you waiting for the next move , and mind blowing , it felt like i was reading an entirely different book!

The plot was clever and perfectly executed , i wasn't disappointed.

I liked all of the characters,  even the evil ones :

"Feyre" , our human lead character, she was strong and badass, even more so in the second half of the story

"Tamlin" , The High lord of The Spring Court , i loved his relationship with "Feyre" . It was funny and sometimes sweet (even sexy at some point)

"Lucien" a High fae who lives with "Tamlin" his story was a bit heart breaking , i believe he is everyone's favorite character,  he is too funny and witty!

"Rhysand " , Our beloved villain , and the High lord of The Night Court ,

i loooove him *_* , i enjoyed everything he did, here's how i see him:

we had some character development when it came to her sister , and we were left with no real cliffhanger,  just enough to keep us wanting to know what's going to happen next.

I recommend it to everyone! Especially YA lovers , you're in for a treat.